Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Philly 8k...resolved

So Philly is on, apparently. LM, my original running coach, plans to do the marathon bandit in preparation for Boston, which she qualified for in 2004. And Kim wants to do the 8k, even though I truly suspect her motives are more based in partying after or before than running.

An 8k sounds like a good way to get rid of race jitters. I get jitters on race days, the same way, the same time even. And it'll be fun, since we may hang around another day so Kim can hit the bar circuit (like I'm complaining).

So it's Sept. tri (sprint, with an easy swim, only *650m!), Nov 8K race and LAS VEGAS.

Jeff - has John said anything?

Scott - you are hysterical.

* correction: the original post said i was swimming 650k. um, that's pretty far. i meant meters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

john isn't my coach, and my partner isn't running much right now, having just finished seafair with me and juneau a couple weeks ago. typically, though, john will put a short race on ken's (my training partner) schedule a week or two before his marathons.