Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Swims and food

Due to my bookie's demand- er, request, I shall now properly capitalize and punctuate, making the blog easier to read. I had to agree blogs that do so are easier to read (plus my bookie was making the suggestion)

Day 2 (Cycle 1): Popped up (OK, hit snooze button twice) at 8 a.m. and headed down for the earliest morning workout I've done since winter. (take bow: Thank you. Thank you very much). Finished 1,550, rather than 2,000 because of time getting tight (see above). Swim felt good.

Then I ran home and ate two scrambled eggs and two pieces toast with butter. When I train, I give myself total freedom to eat what I like (within reason).

A couple of questions.
I'm curious as to what others' eating habits are? Do you really watch what you eat or just kind of? How much would a few extra pounds (say, 5 or 10) make in final run time?

And this isn't question so much as thought. Since I'm following training schedule from practically famous running guru I have extra motivation. But perhaps more so is knowing there is a running blog community to which I am held accountable. Or rather, I think there is. No one could be reading but how would i know?

So thank you, running community, for the motivation.

3 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

I try to follow somewhat of a healthy eating diet, but really, it doesn't work. I'm never going to run a sub-3 hour marathon, so why try? Why deny myself the wonderful taste of beer, whiskey and coke, hamburgers, and all of the other wonderful food and drinks out there.

I generally just watch my calorie intake for the day, which in turn, means I eat much better. But the weekends, well that's wide open.

About Me: said...

agreed. particularly about the beer.

for first marathon said i'd at least be healthy the last 2 months. but that didn't quite work out. ;-) maybe for vegas. to fit the dress and all.

Scott in Washington said...

I've never had a problem with weight gain so I pretty much eat whatever I want when I want to eat it with occasional nods towards trying to eat healthy stuff along with the crap and booze. I am finding that I eat a lot healthier now that I am training because I want to have the energy flowing when I run. The three donut and coffee breakfast becomes the coffee and yogurt with toast breakfast . No super healthy but not total junk either.