Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Meatloaf

That's the last time I buy the supersize ground beef package. Tonight marks the third night in a row I've eaten red meat. I'm sorry if any vegetarians are reading this.

I buy the best ground beef possible, 93 or 95% lean but it is ground beef, so I'm not under the belief I'm eating necessarily healthy.

Sunday: burger
Monday: burger
Tuesday: meatloaf, that I made. What I did was basically mold and throw remaining ground beef that my boy had previously seasoned and bake. I ate it, he didn't. It was good. I mean, it was basically a baked bunless burger with ketchup. Ketchup on meatloaf...what a foreign thing to me. Mom never made it with ketchup, that's an American thing far as I can gather. Of course, her was ground beef with salt and onion and baked. Not my favorite. Do not mean to offend mi mama. Luckily, she's not the online type.

But if there's anything I dislike more than eating red meat three days in a row, it's wasting food.
Gosh nabit there's food leftover...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wouldn't sweat eatting the red meat three days in a row. as long as you're getting fruit, veggies and other high fiber type goodies to balance it out.

throw the rest of the ground beef into a tortilla with some beans, lettuce and tomatoes and you've got beef tacos. not truly mexican, but tasty all the same.

Scott in Washington said...

Meatloaf, mmmmm, Night before last I drove up the butcher's and picked up our half a cow and loaded it into the basement freezer. I like to make my meatloaf with onions, salt, garlic, worchester, and yes, ketsup put on before baking. mmmmm.