Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wed RUN

Day 3 (Cycle 1): 4 mile easy. Turned into 3 after ITB band started acting up. More on that later.

As loyal readers may recall, Tues night I detailed my credentials (3 races) and explained I was a running coach. My coaching skills were in full effect on Wednesday.

First, this exchange between FR (fledgling runner aka sister) and RC (me, for well, running coach). As background, FR's first half is Sunday in beautiful southern California. I'll be joining her at the end to bring her in for the finish.

From: FR
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:03 PM
To: RC
I’m not running half marathon I decided.

From: RC
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 2:05 PM
To: FR
yesh you are sis!


From: FR
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:05 PM
To: RC
No!

From: RC
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 2:08 PM
To: FR
YOU WILL RUN IN THAT RACE! AND I WILL RUN OR WALK IF NEEDBE PART OF IT WITH YOU

From: FR
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:08 PM
To: RC
Okay fine!

With that crisis averted, it was time to head off to my run with my three friends. Two are clients, Kim and Hummer. LM is partyrunner's original coach.

It was a lovely day at my favorite running spot. I'll post pics which we took someday soon. I keep saying I'm gonna put pics on but one day I am!

We did first loop together, the four of us gracefully running on the soft dirt path. Well, sort of gracefully. Then three went off onto other loop running, K said she'd do run/walk. At the first bridge, LM and Hummer turned back around. I had planned to make it to the next one. My ITB band, incredibly started acting up. NO! I shouted inside. NO! I shouted inside again.

Then I remembered everyone had put their stuff in my car and I had the key so I turned around. Perhaps I pushed to 6 too fast, perhaps I've done too many miles. Quizas, Quizas, Quizas.

The run ended successfully in that Hummer and Kim, and LM returning from long break after Boston, all did 3 miles. Nice.

I went home and iced the ITB band. I'm backing off on my training.

No comments: