Thursday, August 11, 2005

Trouble in FR's Half Marathon Paradise

FR (aka sis) just called. Her 23-year-old (not really but practically) New Balance running shoes have begun to crumble. She's got a hole in the front. Bad news. They are very old. Very, very old. She called 2ish weeks ago asking if she should buy another pair. I knew how old they were but my advice was no, it was too close to half marathon.

That advice may have been OK, but perhaps a more seasoned veteran would have suggested new running shoes 3 months ago. Since my rates are reasonable (free) I will not beat myself up too hard. There are things I can't/don't think about. Yet.

I will bring two pairs of my current shoes home. We'll do the water on the ground test to see if our feet are similar (i'm slighly flatfooted). She'll wear the most comfortable pair.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

About Me: said...

Dear FR:
This is your dream, your vision, your quest, your mission, your hours and hours of training. That you mentioned you may try the half-marathon and half an hour later I had written up a multi-week schedule that I e-mailed you is beside the point. I mean, think about it: you didn't even follow it. You will finish it and have fun! I bet you will want to keep running for life!
Signed,
RC