Monday, August 29, 2005

November 8K -- Questions

1) Are you a good kisser?
Ok, kidding. That spam pop-up appeared just as I was about to write this.

Seriously
1)My friend and new running client Kim suggested doing 8K Philly run Nov. 20, 2 weeks before my marathon. I think it'd be good last race before my marathon two weeks later. It's not a long distance, so I think I'd be good. Thoughts? OK to run it hard?

p.s. Kim suggested getting a hotel and excitedly talked about going out on South Street the night before the race. Id ask if this was a good idea, but I have a feeling the answer is no.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my partner's coach, john sinclair, likes to have him race a 5k the weekend or two before his marathon. i'd say if john supports it, give it a shot and feel free to race the distance.

Scott in Washington said...

Having run a marathon before, you have a lot more experience to draw on than I do. Personally, I'm not going to want to do anything remotely condusive to injuring myself two weeks before Vegas. Maybe I'll find a way to immerse myself in a tank of shock absorbing jelly and remain in injury-free stasis for those last few weeks, hmmm. Maybe I'll cut down on the science fiction reading instead.