Friday, August 12, 2005

Missed hillworkouts y comida

Day 4 (cycle 1): Scheduled hillworkout. MISSED.
Today, Friday, scheduled rest day.

As I mentioned, my ITB band flared up a bit Wednesday. It's so early in my training I've decided to back off a bit. I may have gotten overeager in my excitement to begin running after forced break. I'll continue to follow the schedule I've received but will practically half all my workouts.

The timing was just as well as my boy had a London broil marinating in the herbs of his herb garden when I came home from work. And a tomato salad ready to go. No one cooks better than my boy, a former chef. He's good to me. I'm spoiled.

Speaking of being spoiled, it sucks really bad to go home just twice a year cause of the distance, but when you do go home, you get all kinds of special treatment. My mom is already preparing un grande vat de refried beans y salsa. Good Mexican food on the East Coast is crazily hard to find. I'll sweetily ask my mom to make enchiladas (even though my grandma usually makes them and does my mom even know how?) and will spend the rest of my time at the wonderfully fantastic and cheap taco shops dotting the coast.

Better go pack.

3 comments:

Scott in Washington said...

Hey, I'll help you get links and stuff setup on your side bar if you still want help. Send me an email: cchome at hotmail.

About Me: said...

excellent. thanks, sd. stef over at her marathon explained but i was still unable to do it. i'll email you soon. thanks!

Riona said...

I love the way you strive to balance your life between running and partying. It gives me real pleasure to visit your blog. Mainly because I'm really tipsy right now - but hey, I can still run, and still love it!