Thursday, August 04, 2005

the little green dress

a slinky turqouise dress.
it's the one i'll wear after i, si dios es servido, complete the dec. 4 las vegas marathon. too little for standard cocktail parties or black tie but perfect for the town with the brilliant marketing campaign. it's a bit tight, a byproduct of too much cheese, too many beers, too little running as i recovered from injury from may marathon, my first.
join me on my journey to vegas with an ambitious goal of qualifying for boston, and properly rocking the dress.
the shots begin: 10 a.m. Dec. 4.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome new blogger. I love the concept. I too enjoy perhaps too much fun and am planning on a big celebration at the completion of my first marathon. I'm somewhat injury obsessed so tell me about the injury after your last marathon. Also, tell us all about your first marathon experience.

Scott in Washington said...

Yes, hello, welcome!

We're all going to Vegas. Woo Hoo!

About Me: said...

thanks, i'm thrilled to be blogger. unnaturally excited, i told my buddy earlier.
in short, injured my itb band, combo of lack of proper stretches and going too hard in speed workouts. 6 weeks of PT later i've learned correct stretching and to hold them for 30 seconds. i'm ready to go off and running. if you enjoy your first marathon maybe you can do vegas with sd and i and hundreds of others. hurry: sept 1 is deadline to receive 'in training for vegas' t-shirts.

Riona said...

Hello! See you in Vegas! I too have a dress that is one of my main motivators - I TOTALLY understand!

Glad to find your new blog!