Saturday, August 13, 2005

Waves wash away ITB injuries...(I hope!)

Day 6 (Cycle) 4 easy.

FR (fledgling runner), mom and I headed to coastline for her to try out running shoes she'll use in race. Earlier I detailed how her shoes fell apart approx. 3 days before her first long race, a half marathon.

At the same time, I had an easy run scheduled. While my mom splashed in the water, sis and I took off down the shore.

Beautiful weather for running, cool, overcast. She and I ran an easy 10 minutes before she headed back (to not overdo the day before race) and I kept going. Leg felt fine. RC liked the shoes.

Rather than ice my leg when getting home to ease trouble with my ITB band that flared up again last week, I decided to let nature's saltwater heal. I took off my shoes and socks, and dipped in the water. If during the week I am home training near the shore this seems to ease my pain, I will begin taking saltbaths in the tub of my landlocked apartment.

For now, I'll spend as much time as possible in and near the ocean. When I'm not in Vegas betting on the horsies of course...

2 comments:

Riona said...

Good luck to FR in the race! Look forward to reading more ... hope the leg feels better

Stephanie said...

I returned for a race report...I also hope your ITB feels better.