Friday, September 02, 2005

Viva Las Vegas (and orange tees!)

It's now official. Vegas, it's just me, you and 14,999 other runners Dec. 4. I signed up today, forked out the 100 smackers (why so muchie for race considering we're all gonna gamble and throw away our money in city anyway?).

But this post isn't about me. It's about the shirt.

Scott has been busily designing a T-shirt to be worn during race. It's for Vegas bound runners and supporters but he's sort of talking about possibly doing something more so members of Running Blog Family can wear a similar one during their races, wherever they may be.

What follows is his note. He's got five designs. Vote on one or offer suggestions completely unrelated to initial offerings! Even if youre not running Vegas, suggestions are MOST welcome. Particularly if other bloggers seem interested in shirts. If you hate the design, Scott wants to know. Right, Scott? So without further adieu:

"If you remember, several of us have been working on a design concept for a technical RBF shirt. We found a place online to order from. The first batch we order will be for those attending the Vegas Marathon and will have language to that effect printed on the back, but with that text missing or changed the design could be recycled for future RBF attended events. I hesitate to leave comments on other people's running blogs, asking them to go to my blog and participate in the design process because I don't want anyone to feel spammed but I'd like to get as wide of an input as possible. Can you help get the word out?Thanks,Scott Dennishttp://scottsrunning.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Scott in Washington said...

Duuude, spam, spam, spammity spam...

So far I haven't had to resort to enabling the little 'type out these letters before submitting comment' box. I hope I don't have to.

I've heard you talking this tri stuff for a few weeks now. I don't know. You're braver than me. Maybe when I have a marathon under my belt I'll grow more ambitious. Biking, swimming, and running I've all done, but not all on the same day.

Thanks for the shout out. Thats awesome. We are going to be the coolest seven people in Sin City.

About Me: said...

i dont even know how to do one of those little type out boxes. but i'd like to add one. spam is annoying. i don't want to read about veteranarians and wine blogs (well, maybe the wine ones).

as for tris: i did a sprint one last year. my trainig was one millionth was it was for the marathon. the fraction might be off a few zeros but it's close. because you're doing all 3 and in limited amounts (at least for sprints) you only need minimal training (unless you're trying to finish good). like since finding a pool was difficult for me, i got 4 swims in before race. and those were the only 4 swims i'd done in over a year. we'll talk seriously tri after vegas. but i'm planning a half ironman next year and am hoping to get tri coalition! think about it.

About Me: said...

by the way, my sister and i both laughed hysterically (separately, at diff times, on separate coasts) about being one of 7 cool people. right on.

Anonymous said...

hey girl! I want a tee shirt if I become a supporter and go out to VEGAS to run with you for part of the race/cheer you on! :)