Thursday, September 01, 2005

Downhill running

There was a brief discussion on downhill running at Jeff's site a few weeks ago, but I was hoping for more input.

What is proper form on downhill running?

I was watching the alcatraz tri a few weeks ago. The top of the pack, which is what TV was following, appeared to be running straightlegged down the hills. I found it interesting. I have been trying it. No verdict yet.

I tend to lose speed on the downhills cause I don't want to hurt my knees or anything else. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Scott in Washington said...

I did a post about the same time a week or so ago after you talked about seeing the down-hillers straight legging it on TV. Keith and Jeff (uber-runner guys both) commented. The gist I took away from it was to just try to take it easy. I've been trying to practice a sort of a power walk down hill.