Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friendlys.

After Saturday's horrible, terrible, no good, very bad run, I call LM. She's with Hummer, another running/going out friend. She's hungry. We agree to meet at Friendly's. I dont think I've been to Friendly's since I was 13 and we did a study tour in D.C. and PA. I don't know that the chain is on the West Coast.

It's a gorgeous, stunning day. It almost feels like we're near the ocean. A breeze is blowing, it's clearn, sunny. It's wonderful.

When we're ready to pay LM orders a sundae to go. She'll eat it on an outside table since it's freezing in the restaurant. Hummer and I go up to settle check. When we return, LM is just about done with sundae. Well, we'll go outside anyway to sit in the nice sun.

Two hours later, I am curled into a ball, laying down, watching traffic on one bench, LM is on her back sprawled out on another. Hummer has gone to make a phone call to pretend he's not with us. With no plans (well, Hummer and I had no plans, LM had a ginormous list of things to do. She will get to 25% of them) we've deemed Friendly's our hangout spot. Yes, for two hours we alternate between sunny tables and shaded benches shooting the shit. We spend part of our time debating what to do next. Hummer and I are ready to hightale it down to Atlantic City, where my friend is. LM though has some family function she must attend.

So we chill in front of the Friendlys. I really enjoy it. I think it may be safe to say I'm now a true Pennsylvanian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if you hang out at Friendly's, you're a bona fide hillbilly!