Sunday, September 25, 2005

Running not to be behind fellow competitors and training schedules

Among other things, Scott's recent post inspired me to run today, despite being v. v. tired and a bit hungover from long weekend. After all, Scott and me are both doing Vegas, and I need to show up as trained as him. ;-)

It also got me to thinking about training schedules, missed workouts, and my recent reshuffling of workouts. Danny says he just pretends missed runs weren’t even part of his scheduled workouts. I sort of do the same. This weekend I did early-in-the-week reshuffling because of weekend plans. Those later changed too.
So ultimately,

Monday was easy 5 miler. Rested instead. After all, I did a tri the day before.
Tuesday, Wed: followed schedule.
Thursday: Did Friday’s easy run instead of rest day knowing Friday I’d rest cause of travel.
Friday, rest.
Saturday’s planned 12 miler would be Sunday, I’d already decided.
But Sunday I was tired and a bit hungover (see above) so decided to do Saturday’s 12 miler tomorrow and tomorrow’s easy 5 today.

Phew! So much rescheduling, so little time.

4 comments:

Scott in Washington said...

Hey, you got out there and sweated away the bad stuff. Thats what counts, and what this stuff about us showing up in Vegas undertrained? We're going to rock, even those of us on our first marathon...

About Me: said...

oops, i misworte. i meant me being undertrained. not you! you are gonna rock the house.

nyflygirl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Good luck in Vegas!! I ran the half there in January-is still my PR, even with the nasty headwinds we got then. Wonder what the new course along the strip will be like-should at the very least be more scenic!! And hopefully the date change to December will mean better weather for you all :)

Scott in Washington said...

You, me, Andrew, Keith, we're all gonna rock. With team teeshirts and an official mascot, high quality support and cheering staff, how can we go wrong?

Was I right about going for a run and sweating out the poisons? That always did the trick for me when I was in the Navy.