Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bikes are so much cooler

Long time no talkie, dear bloggie of mine!

Turns out the plan is to have LM and Kim do Sunday's tri with me. Great news. Kim at first demurred saying 'the icky lake water' was too much for her, but they have a relay option so LM is planning to do swim. Makes it might nicer knowing i'll have friends doing race too. I was getting a bit nervous. after that it's breakfast at my place, con mimosas. I'm to take this race as merely a training tri, not a race tri. so with that sound advice in mind, my goals:

.4 mile swim: <25 min. (i am being generous here)
15 mile bike: <1 hour (this will be the hardest)
3.1 mile run: <25 min. (um, borderline)


I rode Kim's bike Monday while she ran, testing it out, even tho i'm gonna use her husband's bike for the actual race. I don't have a bike you see. I LOVED IT. "im never running again!" i yelled in bliss as I took off down the parkway. Woosh. I passed a runner. Woosh, woosh, woosh! "bye slowpoke runners!" i thought to myself. how come i never did this before??? It's so much cooler passing runners than sludging along being passed by bikers and other runners! I learned to handle the gears so that i'll get the best power coming off the hills and going into them. I love my bike! I mean, Kim's bike.

Tuesdy, back to reality. Did easy 4.5 miler with Kim. After first dreadfully hard mile, run felt decent. Only occasionally missed speedmachine.

It's been a busy week. I've got a long run planned for today (see right column) but it's 930 p.m. and im still at work (delayed by this brief blog post). Busy week, and it aint easing up. Maybe tomorrow morning 10 miler? Does that sound realistic for miss early riser herself?

2 comments:

Scott in Washington said...

"Busy week, and it aint easing up" Maybe you and I both will somehow learn how to get up and run in the morning like the good people of the world. Its on my list for this year.

Cris said...

You make me very tempted to try a biathlon next spring... got to get on the bike and do some cross-training I guess. Good luck on your upcoming tri!