Thursday, October 20, 2005

Vegas shoes, in the bag (box).

I am staring at my new shoes. One is on top of its box where it had sat for too long waiting for someone to love it. It's propped there on top of my coffee table in the middle of the living room. It wants some action. "Let's you and I run away together," it seductively coos to me.

Sorry, I've had to explain, have to leave for work in a little bit.

Rushed last Friday after work to get new shoes, which i desperately had to replace like two weeks ago so they're ready for Vegas. But my little running store was out. I didn't take the news particularly well.

"You're out!?" I cried to the (bless his heart) sympathic salesman. "But I'm running a marathon in less than two months! I have to start breaking them in!!!"

A quick call was made. They'd be shipped Monday. i'd get them Wednesday. Fine, I said. But if I find them somewhere else sooner, I was buying them, I told the guy.

I got a call Tuesday saying there were in. I was unnaturally BESIDE MYSELF that they'd come in early. but i was going out of town and wouldn't be able to pick them up till Thursday.

I again panicked when I saw the shoes. They're Brooks Adrenaline 6 and I thought I was getting the 5. Another kind salesman assured me the changes were cosmetic, sat me down, put them on my feet and let me walk them around. I grinned and loved their soft shoe feel.

I love the new colors, turquoise and a dark gray versue the deep blue of my last pair. My shoes and me belong together.

Too bad I've skipped yet another run. My posts are becoming hopelessly monotonous. "Well, missed a run today" and "Oh, i'm so, so sick, poor, poor me, must not run" and "It's raining so I missed a run" and "i got held up at work"

Excuses!!

I just got back from work conference in NYC. I am thinking yet again I may move there. I just love the city. I am both a face in the ginormous crowd yet also a member of a thriving, diverse and interesting pulse-e city when I go there. Must begin hunting for job there...

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

I love the adrenaline 5, let me know how the 6 works out!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I've got the adrenaline 6 and the 5, bought both models with in a week of each other and honestly can't tell the difference, they are both AWESOME shoes.

You will likey very much.

nyflygirl said...

I've always said that running shoe shopping is harder than swimsuit shopping. I can avoid situations where I need a swimsuit. I can't avoid needing the perfect pair of running shoes. (this originally said after 3 different types of shoes did not work for me-I'm *finally* in the right ones-Asics 2100's.)

And I don't blame you one minute for wanting to move to NYC :-D Did you get to run in Central Park at all while here?

Danny said...

you mean i missed you here in NYC??

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for the kind words in my blog. We should exchance links. I'll post a link to your site on mine today. Do you run with the Lehigh Valley Road Runners? I do periodically but it takes me about 30 minutes to drive up there. I've been running the Perkiomen Trail lately. Keep in touch!