Friday, October 21, 2005

new shoes and jersey

Made a little mistake. In hard hill run i've taken my new running shoes, my Brooks adrenaline 6. It's an 8-mile scheduled hill run but turns into 6.5-mile run becuase shoes really bug on the insides of my feet up by my toes. It's what my old shoes did before I
a. started using better socks and
b. got inserts and
c. broke em in, i suppose.

I feel slightly betrayed, only in that my current adrenaline 5's and me are, well, in love.

But I will blame the long run. Tomorrow is the 5k at seaside heights in jersey. I'm sure it will be great even though tonight I feel like that's the last thing i wanna do. I've never done a 5K. It seems an awful lot of effort to just run 3.1 miles. Like, we're leaving at 6 a.m.! I'm aiming for 24ish.

I'm rather excited -- I found a fellow northeast PA blogger. It's Frank and he's linked to on the right. Welcome, fellow Lehigh Valley-ite!

Race report for 5K to come, likely Sunday. Me and Kim are doing it. Also Looking forward to reading a.maria's marathon report. Look for a good read.

4 comments:

E-Speed said...

Uggh that sucks. I got a pair of suhweet suacony racing flats but can't wear them for more than a few miles or my ankle gets jacked. Will have to get insoles, totally negating the purpose of the racing flats, speed!

Scott in Washington said...

There isn't anything quite as sweet as a nice pair of Brooks Adrenaline 5s now is there? I’ve got mine right here beside me. They had their dinner a little while ago and I’ll probably put them to bed soon as they are rubbing their eyes now. Mine have a little more than 200 on them currently. It’s a bittersweet feeling knowing that they’re all broken in and at the height of their prime. Its all downhill from here..

About Me: said...

oh man, scott, i'm gonna break my rule and say that was hella funny.

i want to return my 6s...

Unknown said...

i'm with ya on the shoes. i was on my eleventh pair of saucony hurricane 5's, and then tried a pair of the new 7's. no dice. i just purchased pair 12 and 13 of the 5's and i'm a happy camper again.