Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Chicago, Vegas, T-shirts

I'm not going to bore non football falls with details of how I now owe my colleague a sixer because the Chargers - despite looking gorgeous in their baby blues (yes, goldenboy, best in football) and looking sharper than the Steelers except for the 3859 penalties in the first couple quarters - barely lost. I'll just say: off to Oakland.

I've spent the morning reading race reports from Chicago. Inspiring. I get kind of intimidated by the sheer size of the race (The shopping, however, as Susan writes about, doesnt scare me one bit...). Vermont was 3,000ish which I found to be a lovely little size, though the expo sucked. Vegas is capped at 14,000 I think (could be 16,000). That seems like it will be nuts but mostly cause I'm really thinking there could be charming little drunkies coming back from a night on the town eager to cheer runners on. But 40,000. Man. My girl LM, who did Boston, said there were people around her from the start to the finish. Never, she said, were there not people.

Anyway, Derek Rose did the rundown
Good stuff. Makes me both tingle in my tummy and get excited. I think what I like most about the posts is the feelings of accomplishment, confidence and everything else people feel when they cross. And also that I'm reminded things go wrong. and that's OK. No less inspiring.

Knee's acting up a little bit, but maybe that's cause of the rain. My portion of the state was again underwater Saturday after 10" of rain. Or maybe it's cause of the speed at which I'm training. Despite insisting I'm not trying to qualify for Boston, I figure I might as well keep training at said speed.

If you get a chance and want a challenge, head to Scott's blog. We're trying to get final input on our Vegas blogger's shirts. Thoughts? And a HUGE THANK YOU to Scott for doing that. You're a doll (despite some whiners who've commented, we're quite grateful).

5 comments:

About Me: said...

i wanted to be the first to comment cause i'm so excited that i learned to link! thanks, scott!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

And a nice link it was. I hope your knee calms down before your big race. For some reason I couldn't reply to your comment on my blog soooo...., my half IM training program was basically a modified TriNewbies program. Here is the link. You should do very well with it. I had to modify it because my run pace is much, must slower than they plan on. My bike is slower, too.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Sorry about the baby blue's...I was cheering them the whole night, but I guess it wasn't enough.

A tip for Vegas, you must remember Danileson (as Mayagi use to say), run, THEN party...otherwise the beast will eat you alive. I didn't run a marathon when I was out there (I personally don't have the restraint to be there and not be drinking) and well let's just say I'm finally recovering from that trip, and I got back in July. Haha.


Run, then drink, and you'll be OK.

Scott in Washington said...

Hey! Thanks for the shoutout. We'll get there and we'll be in our shirts!

Papa Tweet said...

Hey party guy,
Sorry about those Chargers, I was pulling for them in their throw back baby blues. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the throw backs, but LT still kicks ass.