Monday, October 03, 2005

My Monday Ode to the Chargers

I cannot stop watching SportsCenter. But I only look up when highlights from the Chargers STOMPING the Patriots come on again.

I cannot stop standing up with my arms high above my head with both index fingers raised in a No. 1 salute everytime such highlights appear.

I could not stop standing with my arms above my head every time and index fingers raised in a No. 1 salute every time the Chargers made any play yesterday, even a 1-yard gain.

I am a long suffering Chargers fan. And I'm gonna walk into my office today with my fingers raised in a No. 1 salute high above my head. Luckily, I told my Massachusetts native boss and Patriots fan before i left for work on Friday: "I'm sorry your team's going to lose."

I love you LaDanian Tomlinson. I love you Drew Brees.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...a win like that has been a long time coming.

they still play second fiddle to my broncos, but i love to see them win!

Scott in Washington said...

I think its’ great that blogging allows people to connect on the issues and interests that they identify with. A guy at work was telling me today how happy he was that his football team had finally won one, or had beat another team that always wins at home. He explained it like I would know exactly which plays he was talking about. I was racing to catch up, thinking, "Isn't football season and rifle hunting season roughly analogous? What is my rejoinder?" Fortunately a big work emergency popped up before the end of his story and he didn’t have a chance to ask about my sports team, which I think must be the Blazers or maybe the Seahawks.

About Me: said...

jeff - was gonna ask your advice on who i should pick for my office pool. denver messed me up this week.(!) but then i saw they're playing washington. sorry, might have to go red. ;-)and yes, isn't it fantastic!!!

i dont even think the blazers are team! but i do think your coworker, scott, was talking about the CHARGERS BREAKING A 21-GAME HOME WINNING STREAK. i mean, that's what it sounds like. you are clearly a sports fan so you know exactly what i'm talking about. (can't stop laughing as i type this...from your msg, not cause you don't like sports)

The (IRON) Clyde said...

You flock to Sportscenter, I unfortunately with the way GB has been playing lately, need to avoid Bermy, Keith and the crew....just painful to watch last night, good thing I was drowing my sorry in a gyro. Yes, I am an emotional eater.