Sunday, October 09, 2005

Runs and moves

I have decided to blog rather than look through the apartment listings sitting in front of me. My boy just handed them to me, and I instantly starting feeling sick to my stomach.

Vegas is in the 50s. That's right, just a little over 50 days away. I read a neat post on Yvonne's site. She's doing Chicago today, as are several others. She said she had lagged on speed training, fartlek but still felt she'd had good runs and just felt prepared because in her heart, she's a marathoner. I sort of feel like that. I've trained less than I should but I've felt good. I don't know what it is that made me so confident as a long distance runner but whatever it is, I'll take it.

Yesterday was a 6 mile hill workout. I did 3.5 miles between 9 and 9:22 pace on a hard hill set. Then, feeling annoyed that the guy next to me was running my exact pace, no matter how I sped up or down (it was like a drip drop leaky faucet to my psyche as our feet keep hitting at the same time...i'm not sure why it annoyed me so...in fact my gym experience was rather annoying...if you want to be alone don't go to gym...the guy looking at me irked me...the tv wasn't working...i didn't like anyone around me...i felt fat...42 minutes of hard cardio and i was finally calmed down...) so i next hit the cross trainer for a hard 30 minute hill workout. I'm about to head out for easy 5. Need to be back in time to watch Eagles game.

But first I guess I'll look thru some apartment listings. After nearly 6 years, my boy and I have decided to part ways. I know in my heart it's the right thing to do. We're friendly and will remain so while we tie up our loose ends here and he moves back West. Still, feel sick to my tummy. We have not always been great but I do love him so.

On the bright side, maybe I can get a cute loft...

9 comments:

Cris said...

Hill workouts are good!

Sounds like you're having a rough time with guys of all kinds. Sorry to hear it; not all of us are running stalker and/or moving-West'ers.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Yeah, we don't all suck, but I know what you mean, some people just automatically think you are racing them because you grab the treadmill/machine next to them, but that's kind of creepy the way he was pacing you....

As for Green Bay, watch out, Favrey's back in true form, took a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers and racked up 52pts!! (OK, D played well for once, that was it)...we're an "interesting" team, don't know what to tell you, but it's hard to bet against #4, especially in a WEAK NFC north.

Rumor has it the Chargers are wearing the powder blue uni's tonight...as Chris Berman says, "the best uniforms in the history of the game"...you better believe I'm not going to miss it.

:) said...

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

just joking... :)

Nice hill workout!

Josh Dysart said...

Ummmm...hill workouts. And sorry to hear about your guy troubles. I've been having lady troubles myself -- I took it out in my workouts/runs.

Next time someone paces you on a treadmill -- do what I do, trip 'em. Ha!

Josh Dysart said...

I forgot to mention -- my abstaining from alcohol prior to the run didn't exactly work out the way I had intended. I was good for a while -- then the lady troubles arose, and I just really needed to go out and have a good time (alcohol included). But all in all, I don't think it really helped that much. Just my two sense. Maybe if I had abstained longer it would have.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Hang in there. Things sound tough right now. Don't you wish we could choose to skip parts of our life and get the "we're laughing about this later" part right away?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...I wish I could help you jump ahead to that time that the above blogger referred to. As your friend-I see it ahead of you but I know you can't right now...my best advice from experience as you know how my story goes, take it out on your running! I miss you and love ya! :) Oh yeah and about that treadmill guy-block him out-you'll be mentally stronger during your races as a result!

-LM (your original running coach)
ps-went on a run today and decided after all to do BOSTON!!!!! I don't care how hard it is right now...

About Me: said...

nice to hear brooklyn...aren't you single?

thanks for nice comments folks (all but cowboys fan one. ha ha). all will be well cause it just will be. this i know...

also nice to know i am not only one going thru troubles. and that abstaining didn't make a difference in the end. both reasurring thoughts.

nyflygirl said...

Hang in there!! I know the initial breakup can hit you like a ton of bricks but it sounds it ended on good terms, and that you've got a bit of stuff keeping you occupied. Yes, think cute loft. And Vegas. :)