Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm in a Vegas state of mind....









Today, I woke up thinking about Vegas. (so what else is new). I also woke up early and cleaned house. As I wait for waffles to digest to go do run, I've added some pics (techdummy actually figurd it out!) meant to inspire vegas bound bloggers as well as show off my darling son, Reese. Yes, Reese will be in Vegas.

Top left: me and sis on race day (her first ever race, a half marathon!) and sissie running in race.

Next: my mom (please note the orange shirt) with Reese. He's such a ham. Both will be in Vegas.

Next: The view from the Excalibur, where i stayed this summer and where I'll be staying again. Just over yonder is the start of the race! Then it's Reese in his bunny slippers and me this past summer in front of the new Wynn on the strip. It's pretty, but overall was not impressed.

I was pleased to see on the Las Vegas message board site that other runners are just as worried as I about having to be in at a decent hour despite VEGAS being right outside my doors. Both Susan and DJGoldenboy have written they could never do Vegas because of the temptations at every twist and turn, nook and cranny. I am begininng to wonder if I made the best selection...

5 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

You look like you're up to no good in that upper right corner pic, little mischievous smile.

Going back to Vegas in April, this time it will not dominate me like last time, I'm coming home a winner (yeah right).

Great race report too!!! I finished top ten overall in a 5K not too long ago (slow field, yes, but hey it's top 10) and it really good, can't imagine what 1st will feel like (hopefully in the Green Bay half - Clydes division) this upcoming year. I can dream, can't I?

nyflygirl said...

Now I am inspired to hunt down my old Cabbage Patch Kids the next time I visit the parentals :-D

Nice pics of you and the fam too!!

Sarah said...

Your son is adorable.;) And just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blog.

About Me: said...

thank you, sarah. it's just too bad he knows how cute he is. he's got quite the ego....

sis, you know you're gorg. and if you can look like that running well sissie how are you done up?!

may lady luck folo you guys on your trips next west to vegas

Scott in Washington said...

Reese needs a hat. Theres a lot of UV flying around the desert. That kid could get a burn in the time it takes for the monorail to arrive.

I'm a bit trepadatious myself about the time and distractions. I'm not a morning person. I've managed one morning run so far but it was pretty forced. My peak energy comes at about 16:00 so I'm wondering about this get up at 0'dark thirty stuff. Probably I'll be too nervous to sleep much that Saturday night anyway.