Thursday, October 06, 2005

Life meets running. Brunettes have more fun.

And so it was that yesterday's 15 miler passed in a blur. It was a bit humid to be sure but other than that I don't remember much. Well besides the ducks, chipmunks and beaver (groundhog?) that ran into my path.

Nothing like having so much on your mind your body automatically churns out 15 miles.

Looks like I'm gonna be moving around the turn of December. Gads. That's the weekend of the marathon. I'll try to move in early. Thought briefly about canceling Vegas, as move is rather unexpected and follows some life turmoil. But I want to do Vegas and body is really holding up.

And besides, sis already has reservations (unlike the actual runnner) and is more excited than anyone else doing Vegas, combined.

So ya, will try to move in early so I don't have to worry about it race weekend. Luckily I'll be tapering so I'll have more time to get in life stuff. Like moving.

but back to body: I've taken many breaks in my training. Colds, travel, missed workouts for no reason. But two things are going on. One, my body has complained next to nothing. It's happily running and cross training moderately along. Two, i'm not going fast enough. My time's not where it needs to be to qualify for Boston. But i've thought about it. And I've decided I'd rather get to Vegas injury free, run my own race and enjoy it. I'm simply not training hard enough to run a 3:40. And I'm cool with that.

In other news, my friend Kahuna (linked to on right) has decided I'm out of the running for tri diva 2005. I mean, I did three races so far - including one tri -- what more does he want? I left a msg on his blog explaining: kahuna, it's all about the brunettes. Blondes are fun for awhile pero para pasion, always choose cafe.

5 comments:

nyflygirl said...

Good to read that you're getting your Vegas groove back. Looks like the new course would really be something better to enjoy for the scenery than to worry about your time (unlike the old course where there was not much scenery to speak of!)

Beanie said...

I just moved apts and am running Chicago (on Sunday-argh), so it doable - if a little stressful!

Beanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott in Washington said...

siempre escoja rojo..

I agree with your philosophy about Boston and Vegas. One of my main problems in life is taking on too many things to my plate at one time. Training for Boston and Vegas at the same time seems a bit much. I'm also glad to hear that you've decided to come to Vegas after all for selfish reasons - now we get to hang with you and LJ. :)

a.maria said...

girl you KNOW brunettes have more fun. hells yeah!