Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Umm, i'm a total celebrity

Where do i start? I've started this post so many times! OK, so i'm surfing blogs and came across Shoreturtle, my neighbor runner (jersey) who picked up our extra Vegas shirt! Cool! Then, I get an email from Jeff re: Vegas festivities. Here's some excerpts:

"If you have any specific dietary requirements, please let me know and we WILL accommodate you, after all this is all about YOU!" (ps menu is spagetti with a billion other things)

"What I need to know from each of the runners is the following information: What miles do you need external support?What fluids/fuels do you need at those support points?Where would you like additional cheering? What do you want at the finish line? Food? Fluids? Clothing? Transportation?" (Um, hi. I'm not an elite athlete. BUT I SURE F'IN FEEL LIKE ONE RIGHT NOW.)

"Basically, name your need and we'll see to it that you're supported. Have a family member that needs to be dropped at mile 12? Done. NeedGU at mile 18? Done. Want to hand off your iPod at mile 20? Done. Need a ride back to your hotel after the race? Done. What's themotto? "After all, this is all about YOU".

wow.

i am in absolute love with our blogging organizers. it's like i'm an elite athlete but running hours slower.

wow, and to think i've been dreading vegas, even a little bit...

6 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

You're a rock star! I love my shirt. I should wear it on race day (for virtual support).

a.maria said...

omg...thats awesome! with support like that, this race is in the bag!!

can't wait for the big day, running in vegas?! please...that'll be so fun!!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Vegas, baby, Vegas.

Can't wait to follow you on the blog as I'll be hungover that day and my recovery workout will consist of follow your marathon online.

mouse said...

how unfair is it for djgoldnboy to comment about how he's going to be hungover on Sunday when you're going to be the one in the city of sin, abstaining like a good girl from all the guilty pleasures that make life so amusing? :)

I also can't wait to follow you. you're going to be awesome. send some of that race support to the midwest come next october!

Scott in Washington said...

The next step is Running Prima Donna.

Next you'll be complaining when the support staff can't produce your favorite flavor of gatorade when you snap your fingers.

Dread Zepplin...

ida said...

Have a great run!