Thursday, December 01, 2005

it's off to the races

literally. bookie's picking me at the airport, 10:13ish a.m. Friday and we're headed to the Luxor. you can find me at the sports book from then on until the family arrives sometime later in the day. after watching some horses race, my race becomes just hours away.

i had planned several weeks ago to do a reflection-type post on my life, running and blogging. but here it is 10:45 p.m. the night before my 6 a.m. flight. i'm just getting off work and still have to pack. but first, meeting colleagues at our fave thurs night haunt.

terrible week, layoffs, people moving. an entire news division at my work shut down, including where my dear friend and running partner kim works. she's doing ok, considering. it's a been a difficult week. but it's over.

guess reflections will have to wait. i'm going to vegas. i'm going to enjoy being around my friends and family. i'm going to enjoy meeting fellow vegas bloggers, wearing my new orange vegas shirt. i'm going to try and run a sub 4 hour marathon.

thanks for all the support, advice and much laughter from your blogs and posts. not sure if i'll be able to post from vegas but if not, see you on the flip side. of the marathon of course.

9 comments:

nyflygirl said...

good luck!! have a great race and kick some a$$!!! :-D

E-Speed said...

GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to see your report!

BuckeyeRunner said...

GOOD LUCK!! Break that 4 hour mark!! You can do it!!!

Riona said...

This is going to be wonderful!

Riona said...

She's just finished!
4:02:03!!!!!!

Kurt in Boston said...

Great job! Looking forward to the report.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

I see over at Scott's blog that you finished!!! Yeah! 4:02 is fabulous time. I can't wait to read your race report.

Beanie said...

woo hoo - big congrats on a tremendous first marathon!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Can't wait to read the report...congrats girl!!!