Wednesday, December 14, 2005

French fries are like s--. um, ya.

You know when you’re getting a lot of really good s--? And it's so good and you're getting it a lot so that just makes you want it more and more often?

That's so me and french fries right now.

I tend to eat relatively healthy (cheese, chips and beer addiction aside). Fast food is a treat, a once a month/every six weeks thing. But oh how I love french fries! In particular, McDonalds french fries! And I had fries three times last week! And they were fresh and delicious and salty.

Then yesterday, like a dog in the woods having detected a squirrel, I smelt french fries someone else was eating. My stomach, having been fine moments early, suddenly perked up. It would have been fine had I not given it so many tasty treats last week. It started calling, asking...Please can you walk down the block to Mickey D's?

No, stomach, I can't.

P.S. Soon, very soon, you shall see a completely original design of a blog created by a completely original gal. Susan is in the process of giving me a Christmas gift (yes, Flatman, good will to mankind all over) of a new header. The first take looked amazing!

P.P.S. Oh, I've been tagged by Scott. I'll respond to tag, as soon as i think of five things no one knows about me, along with tagging five of you lucky folks, in a bit... (unless i ignore it)

8 comments:

mouse said...

yeah... last night? a big ole beer and a basket of potato wedges... with cheese of course (hey, I got the name "mouse" for some reason). I'm totally with ya.

(oh, and it was heavenly.)

Scott in Washington said...

Thats a good analogy - good hot fries and s--. You meant sit, right? As in being able to sit down? Like, I'm at mile 24 and I can either sit down or have some piping hot potatos fried up in lard from McRonald's?

Anyway

I have actually blocked members of my family from emailing me after repeated warnings about those "email this to 15 friends and get the good luck of the Angel" type emails. I mean, you can come to my place at Thanksgiving and I'll go to yours at Christmas, but if you spam me, I will block sender you. I sorta feel the same way about the misprecisely named meme emails, so ignore it if you want to.

...chicken...

a.maria said...

yeah. ummm. if you read my most current post... or even the one previous, you would know, that i, very unfortunately, cannot, at least currently, relate to the "lots of good s__" portion of your analogy.

(as she mumbles curses under her breath)

but the fries? boy howdy. i'm with ya on that one!

Unknown said...

no...skip the mc'd french fries and save yourself for the in-n-out fries when you come out in january!

a.maria said...

ooooohhh, boingoblogger jeff just informed me there might be a whole SLEW of RBF'ers in san diego.

omg. you have to come, how much fun would that be?!!!!

E-Speed said...

mmm s__ I mean mmm fries, yeah thats it ;)

can't wait to see the header!

ida said...

I had some heavenly waffle fries a day after the half marathon... oh... so good...

nyflygirl said...

man...i haven't had MickeyD's fries in 5 years!! now i'm craving em after reading this post!!

(though i did give in and have Burger King ones 2 years ago. it was the day after the NYC blackout, i had barely eaten in the last 12+ hours and dad was buying.)