Thursday, November 03, 2005

brooks, brooks everywhere and not a drop to...uh, never mind

Thankfully, my "wall" was less Berlin-esque than say, your average garden wall. Yesterday 15-mile run, at about a 9 minute mile clip, felt quite good. There's minor creaks, but they feel more related to shoes needing replacement than a signal of a larger problem.

I've got my new Brooks 5 on. They are not coming off. Ever.

if you share my fascination with Brooks, you'll enjoy this, courtesy of Goldenboy

My thoughts are in parantheses.

"Runners, retailers and the shoe’s designers all point to the signature comfort and glove-like fit as a key element of what makes the shoe special (many shoes companies would LOVE to make such a POPULAR selling shoe. SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO GO AND CHANGE SOMETIHNG WHEN IT WORKS. let me explain something folks, in business, if it works, you stick with it), and the Adrenaline GTS 6 has raised the bar even higher (NO IT HASN'T).

Zartman explained, “We added an Internal Support Saddle for better midfoot support on the medial side (So if you enjoy blisters on your midfoot, these are your shoes), so the upper doesn’t cave when the runner pronates.” With the saddle handling support duties, Zartman and the footwear team were able to remove the more structured materials in the forefoot area and add more mesh. “People want shoes to feel like socks (no sock-like feel in these stiffies!), so the more mesh the better.”

And thus, hopefully, concludes my Brooks saga. (why must you be such a finickied-feet runner?)

5 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

It's funny, but all of a sudden my Adrenaline 5's and 6's are not getting along with each other. I think they may be reading this blog.

E-Speed said...

I am keepimg my fingers crossed that my shoe store still has a pair of the 5's in my size (i ordered them forever ago and they weren't in when I went to get them so I settled for the asics)

Mia said...

My Saucony Omni 5's are wondering why they have not yet been mentioned on my blog :)

Any suggestions on running tops?? Something you are as enthusiastic about you Brooks?!

nyflygirl said...

Asics 2100's are to me as the Brooks 5's are to you. Unfortunately preliminary reports of the 2110's aren't so good. I guess i have to wait and see and try em myself...but man, if it ain't broke...

ida said...

Funny! I'm one of your anonymous readers and even searched the Brooks site last night thanks to this post. Glad you liked the sunset photographs. The colors are truly spectacular this time of year. Will let you know next time I post a batch.