Friday, January 13, 2006

Introducing...

Well, I finally cleaned up the old blog a bit. But if anyone misses my October training schedule I'd be happy to email it to you.

It's still boring. I went to Wil's site, which I hadn't seen in awhile. Talk about feeling the shamed blogger. I mean, girls got her eating schedule, pics, sleep schedule. I feel I've completed a workout merely visiting it. How does she do it all? How do all you folks with kids and a husband do it all? I had two things planned for Wednesday before I went into work at 3 p.m.: a workout and meeting Kim for lunch. Guess which one didn't get done?

For the weekend, I've got a nice long run planned Saturday and on Sunday, Kim and I are going to "National Women's Winter Tour." It's a hike, chocolate, soup and mimosas. How can I go wrong?

My old running partner LM has gotten engaged to a guy she met two months ago! Any hope I had held out for her returning to my running side has been dashed. Hmph.

I think of her because it was a year ago almost exactly that I emailed her after seeing her post asking for winter running partners. I was so excited, I remember, emailing something like, "Hey, i'm new to the area but want to try winter running! i'm planning to do the allentown half and a marathon in may."

I'd wondered if she would be impressed. Would she be too impressed to respond? I waited.

Not really. "Oh cool!" she wrote back equally as excited. "Let's run together soon. I'm doing Boston in April so perfect. I just did the Philly marathon."

Id learn later her time was 3:23.

But i'm sure she was still impressed.

5 comments:

About Me: said...

susan, you are one funny girl! ;-)

ps i should have written 'and wives' too. i mean, some men juggle it all too.

E-Speed said...

you just need a new header! Go over to blogheadz and make one! That should spice things up a bit!

brent d. said...

I'd hike for chocolate, soup and mimosas!!!

A good running partner is nice and we're game if you are ever in the Nashville area!

brent d. said...

oh, and if you don't want a header... just let me know. my services are cheap as free!

Rae said...

Hiking for food sounds like so much fun!! Why is there never anything like that around here????

Have a great weekend!