Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Welcome, NYR'ers!!

It's that time of the year again. Funny, I blogged about this very phenomena last January proving once again, as much as things change, they stay very much the same...

Welcome to my gym, NYRs!!!!!!!!! First let me applaud you for making the decision to make 2007 the year you chose to join a gym. As you reap the benefits of feeling emotionally, physically and mentally better, I too am reaping benefits.

The first benefit is my gym parking lot, which during rush hour resembles a Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Last night I only had to circle for 13 minutes to find a spot, and was only cut off by two people as I attempted to park.

Another benefit is a cozier environment for my group classes. No longer do I have a little space on my left or right during my body scuplt class but really, who needs it? Americans are known for needing much more space than other cultures. Well, not this girl. Come closer, you, I can't quite feel your sweaty body against mine.

Walking in a straight line in overrated. Thanks to my new gym-mates I get to weave around folks busy admiring themselves, others or busy on their phone. Makes for a more interesting walk so bing! - another plus.

Who needs stretching? I'd rather use the stretching mats as a place to socialize and gather to catch up on gossip. Why didn't I ever think of that use before?

So welcome, beloved New Years Resolutioners! Let's enjoy our few weeks together, shall we?

3 comments:

Deene said...

ah, the "resoluters", we have those keeping the treadmills warm for the next couple of weeks here as well.
glad to see you back.

TX Runner Mom said...

LOL! Great post...that's exactly why I stay out of the gym until February. By then the NYRs have fallen off the wagon and I can get back on. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not one of those NYR's at all this year...
BTW, I know you're lamenting about the design/background of your page, but I kinda like how it looks-a fresh, clean page to go along with your fresh, clean start this year!