Friday, January 26, 2007

Life. Nothing else.

Yesterday I called my mom to let her know it was my ex's birthday. She likes him more than me, so I figured she'd want to know.

She called him, and he proceeded to tell her how I'd forgotten his birthday and he had to call me to let me know. My mom tells him not to worry, that I'd forgotten her birthday once too. It's like, Mom, I was a senior in college! How does that count???

So while I'm on the phone with my mom she tells me it's like a heatwave in San Diego, she had to open aallll the windows cause she was burning up. I say "Mom, no it's not. I went online. It's 73." She tells me that can't be right, she thinks it's closer to 100.

I write this just minutes after I could barely take in any air this morning because it was so cold my throat began to constrict.

I've decided to up my mileage to 15 miles per week. So far this week I've done 8.5 which leaves a couple short runs this weekend to hit my target. Kim and I think Martina are gonna do the 5K the day of the half marathon so it should be a fun, festive affair.

Also expecting to be fun is meeting Curly Su ! I can't wait. She and I are both dealing with dumb men issues. Mostly like why can't we get rid of WRONG men who clearly don't appreciate our greatness and treat us right?

I'm gonna meet her sometime in February, in Philly. I love blogging for reasons like this. Sure I may be older and it's harder to meet people but through the Internet, the possibilities are endless

4 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! If I ever figure out the secret to speed, I will let you know! :-)

Anonymous said...

i am honored to say that you not only remembered my birthday this year, but gave me that best surprise gift I have EVER gotten in my entire life!!! But if you ever forget it one year, I'll forgive you. I know you to well...

Anonymous said...

grinning at you over the internet. :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me wonder why you asked what my birthday is if you're not even going to remember. : p