Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To a Fresh Start

I took basically the last five months of 2006 off, finally admitting there would be no races, no heavy training. In the haze of the mess the rest of my life had become, it seemed silly for me to continue the facade of being a "blogger."

But I'd like to blog again. I've missed my cyber-friends, have seen loads of new potential mates since I stopped posting, and I've missed training. I feel energized and ready to go.

To quickly update on my practically last post:
Weight: I haven't gained any. (* *)
Finances: Still a wreck. But I've paid off one of two credit cards. Too bad it was the smaller debt one. (-)
New shoes: None yet. Nuts. (-)
More Core Workouts: Check. (*)
Community Service: Not yet. Emphasis on yet (-)
Novel: Not just yet (-)
Tree Climbing: Nah. But I was just kidding on that.
Elmo: Mom and the kid were over it by Christmas.

Love life: The asshole's gone! (* * * * * * *)

Final score: I win. Cause the man's gone. I am trying not to dwell in the fact he was in my life as long as he was, having seen rather strong signs he should have been out, oh, say, October 2005.

I've updated my race schedule (see right).

Now, I call on the lovely bloggers of the RBF family....
With a new year upon us, I feel a new look for this web site is a necessity. The problem being of course, I know how to do nothing except post and make changes to side bar.

Anyone interested in redesigning this?

Please, don't all come at once. I know the idea of designing someone else's running blog sounds fabulously interesting but if there is any interest, I promise to be easy accepter of all ideas.

I'm simply too embarassed to ask Susan for a second re-design (she did this one. Isnt it fabulous?). I doubt she'd want to, right, Susan...?

So there I go again, as usual it's all about me, me, me.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

I know 2007 will be a fantastic year, I feel it all over.
To quote the fabulous movie "Love, Actually," and the song in that flick, "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes..."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just recently thinking about you and wondering where you went...

About the man thing, god, I'm right there with you. I FINALLY got someone out of my life (keep your fingers crossed) that needed to be out SOOO long ago. It's hard. I'm glad you were strong enough to get through it. Congrats.

2007 is going to be great.

Anonymous said...

Partyrunner! Welcome back girl. Can't help to much with the website design but it's good to see you posting again. Congrats on losing kicking that guy to the curb. That's a lot of dead weight lost!

LeahC said...

welcome back :-)

only suggestion on the site is that there is a lot of yellow :-) I think it's hard to seperate your posts since the dates are all in the same color and font size. try changing that up a bit. also i think if you move to the new blogger, it makes all that stuff tons easier.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :) We've missed you.

I'm glad to see that things are coming along well with you in this new year. Now...share the secret...how'd you pay off the credit card??

And I agree with leah about the yellow...why not change the background color for starters?

Anonymous said...

My girl is baaaack!!!! Here's to a great 2007, with lots of good races and training (well, RE-training for me) to look forward to! No looking back!!!

Rhea said...

If you sign on to Vox (and which I'm thinking about doing as well), you have tons of blog templates to choose from.

Scott in Washington said...

Strangle Me Elmo?

Cris said...

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to all your entries in 2007. Good to get on the road again, is it not?