Tuesday, January 09, 2007

How to save $160 a month and still train with the pros

So far, so good, in training land 2007...

First, my old training partner Kim has returned, and Sunday we set out for a 1-mile trot. If I had a bad year, Kimmie's was equally full of emotional turmoil. I think we reacted off each other, and I was hardly the type of girl with whom you wanted anything in common. This year she will feed off my productivity and good vibes.

Second, and this is pretty cool, I've got my own personal fitness instructor! He's trained by the pros. He shows me form and new core exercises. He trains with a vengeance. And the best part is -- he pays for the training and I get the free leftovers!

He just started training, which means I havent learned a whole lot. Yet. Just some terrible, terrible crunches on this terrible, terrible machine where it's hard for me to even get my legs up over the bar. But a part of me secretly loves it. And I've never loved abs work before. And the learning has just begun.

Last night my buddy told me my belly has taken me years to get, so it's gonna take me years to work it down. I told him I dont have that long. Three months, I've got three months to tone down the belly to be ready for spring, when fitness instructor classes start. Plenty of time.

I cooked five meals worth of healthy goodness this morning before work. I haven't done that in ages! Since, since...before The Man entered my life.

Oh dont worry, I promise not to corrupt every post by mentioning him. My point is daily, in small ways, life is returning to normal. Even if the nights sometimes still drag painfully on...

Finally, a special THANK YOU to all the Ely haters in the bar Sunday cheering the Eagles onto victory over Daddy's boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your buddy sounds fricking awesome.

Anonymous said...

so you're in the philly area, eh? we should meet up sometime for a run or a drink or something... i live in NJ, but i'm in philly a lot (right now, for example...)

The (IRON) Clyde said...

nice to see ya back party runner...as you can tell, I've been blog slacking as well, but i'll be back in the game soon. still working out, just not posting much.