Thursday, February 02, 2006

That’s the difference between me (girl) and you (boy)

After months of thinking about it, i finally decided to post on a local web site. I was looking for running/training partners, I posted, nonromantic, gals and guys. I got three responses. All sounded rather interesting.

But here’s the thing. The girl, who responded last, two days after the guys, wrote something a little like this "Oh, great, Im new to the area too! I’ve been wanting to do tris, I go to your gym, I’m lots of fun!" She’s Irish, and likes beer (which I also mentioned in my post). She runs, she drinks, she runs, she drinks, great. So I write back “Great, let’s hang out. I work X times, I like to run here, do you snowboard?” An email later, we’ve made plans. Tada!

But these two guys....Oh the emails back and forth and back and forth. What do you do, when do you work, what do you like to do, what do you want to do, the questions the questions. I mean, come on, I’m easy (i mean that in all ways. ha ha. just kidding). But seriously, I like to do just about anything that’s outside. I'm super flexible, have a flexible schedule, and I'm looking for some non complicated training partners who maybe want to occasionally grab a beer. I have kept the emails focused on the activities and plans on hand.

I’m to call them next week when I return from out of town. I wonder if first I must answer several more "screening" questions.

I ask my buddy, what gives? Why is it with the girl we’re like "Ok, let’s meet!" And with the guys, it’s all guarded and oh, yada yada...
His response: "um,
1.) we only have one thing on our minds? (beer, of course)
2.) when we see an ad from a girl we think they must want to hook up.
3.) when we see an ad from a girl we think she must be crazy.
4.) see No. 1"

How predictable. I am hoping in the very near future to report three fun times with my three new friends. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Ooooh I am so hooked now! You have to report back on this.

mouse said...

remind me to tell you about my adventures in internet dating sometime... the same types of tools...

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Oh yeah, the guys definitly want to hook up, good luck with that.

Haha.

ida said...

Luck! Luck!
Keep us posted.

(my word verification is "BEAN". Funny!)

Deene said...

good luck. cant wait to hear your update esp. on the boys.

Iron Jayhawk said...

OOooh fun!!! :) Good luck :)

*jeanne* said...

I'm from NYC - I'd be wary of predators with the guys. Of course, a psycho-killer could POSE as a girl through emails...

How's that for a refreshing new point of view? LOL!

Cris said...

I'll be looking forward to that report of the one good workout with the one new friend and the two dates that started out by getting all hot and sweaty and ended with awkward kisses on the cheek. :)

a.maria said...

nice. good luck.

btw... just got back from winter park 3 day mini-vacay....

i am THISCLOSE to becoming some sort of professional snowboarder.

(which of course means i'm horrible, but DAMN did i have fun!)

Unknown said...

Boys will be boys...by saying she just wants a running partner, does she mean she's actually desperate for some beer and drunken sex? No? But does that mean yes? Guys.

Good luck.

Rae said...

Good luck with the meet-up! Love the new header!!