Sunday, February 12, 2006

i can't think of a good title

Brit, over at running stitch, is helping me make some minor changes to my blog, mostly to make it a bit easier to read. I am learning about color charts and stuff. All that technicalness got me tired, so I thought I’d post.

A foot of snow means Kim and I, usually hard core, bad-to-the-bone runners, missed this morning’s scheduled 10K in Reading. So instead she and her hubbie came over to a friend’s yesterday afternoon and joined a core of leftover drinkers continuing Friday night’s party. I simply love how productive my weekends have been lately. After I post, I’m going to wash my dishes from Monday’s dinner.

Met all three of the people who responded to my running/fitness call. Had mixed results. Snowboarded with one, Owen, Wednesday. He’s a ski instructor and just has tons of patience. It wasn’t very crowded so we got a ton of runs in. That also meant I was getting tired and falling more and more as they day went on. I was starting to get frustrated and a little cranky. That’s usually when my boy would say “Let’s rest a bit. You need some hot chocolate.” So he says “I’m getting tired. Let’s take off and get some lunch.” He was nice, defined. We have much in common. We’re going again Wednesday.

The other two…Martina, the irish girl, canceled our gym date because she was tired but happily accepted my offer to meet for beers (she’s Irish you know). I invited Derek, the other guy, to meet us too. Martina drank beer after beer. Naturally I love her. Derek wasn’t very nice. I don’t mind if we don’t hang out again. I’m not sure what it was about him. I just didn’t get a very good vibe from him.

Martina emailed Friday about how hung over she was, and we rescheduled Friday’s gym workout for Tuesday. Which is also…

Valentine’s Day! My boy and I used to not celebrate the day mostly cause we just fought our first two then decided the aggravation and expectations just weren’t worth it. It’s never been a big deal but this year, my friend is having a party for “girls without boyfriends.” Sundaes and wine! In honor of a vday a few years ago, when a group of single girls belted at the top of their lungs a song, I’m going to hunt up Wilson Phillips “Hold on.”

5 comments:

About Me: said...

hey I don't have a boyfriend...can I come?

Anonymous said...

someone is posting as me! brit? scott?

Rae said...

That's so funny! How many partyrunners are there???

Have fun! Sundaes sound SO yummy!!

E-Speed said...

Happy V-Day! Enjoy the wine and Sundaes!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, the only Valentine I got was from my fabulous mom and I DO have a bf!