Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fun in the snow

I must admit, at home, from my computer, my banner looks exceedingly more fabulous than it did when I was at work. Susan, you’re a doll.

Tomorrow I head off to the slopes! A. maria recently spent some time there. She looks adorable face down in the snow ;-)
But like I told her, her left turn looked pretty pro – I mean, I spent an ENTIRE season learning to left turn.

I’m going with Owen, a guy who responded to my post looking for running/fitness partners. He won a coupla passes to a local ski resort. So I’ll snowboard and he’ll telemark ski. Yes, I’d never heard of it either but it means you lift your heel, whereas in regular skiing your heel is planted.

He seems very nice.

He’s got a minivan… Does anyone else feel me on that statement?

Anyway, like I said, he seems nice. It was rather nerve-wracking tonight, actually, I called the three people who’d emailed responding to my post about hanging out. I left messages with Irish girl and other dude. Hopefully, they will call back. Even when I called the girl, it felt like I was calling a guy I met at the bar. Weird.

Ah, online, so personal yet so far away…

This Sunday, Kim and I head out to our very first 10K. We’re excited to be back on the circuit. Our first race since early December/mid November. It’s in good ol’ Reading, Pa. Never been, but I always sought that Monopoly card.

10 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

awesome new look! good luck on the 10K.

Unknown said...

Hey, weird, I might be going skiing tomorrow too (I too telemark). Have fun!

K2 Telemark bumper sticker: If it were easy it would be called snowboarding.

So true.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Have fun on the slopes!

He has a mini-van? He is married? Not that it matters if you are just looking for a training buddy, right?

Deene said...

cool new banner, looks very hip hoppy grafitti ish.

a mini-van - that is so "soccer mom". maybe he's a very practical and a no nonsense kind of person. plenty of room for all his buddies and skis.

Unknown said...

So, dude, try teleing and you'll know.

I grew up minutes from a ski hill, and have become proficient in pretty much all the forms of snow slidding (ambislidestrous, as it were). Don't get me wrong, snowboarding is a kick, but it isn't that hard to get proficient in.

I hope you're not too bruised and battered! Beer battered?

Riona said...

LOVE the new banner. Am consumed with envy. It's great.

nyflygirl said...

love the blog makeover!!

good luck in the 10k :)

TLP said...

So you're a runner and a drinker! Good people! One of our daughters is a runner and a beer drinker. And also in PA: Mechanicsburg.

Hope your new friends work out for you. Of course you know to be careful and all that stuff. But the mother in me had to mention it.

You like minivans? What does this mean?

Beanie said...

A minivan is at least better than an SUV. I would cut him some slack on that basis. Good luck with the 10K!

Rae said...

A minivan??? I wish I could find a place for cool couple to hang out with! All our friends have babies and are SO incredibly dull now.

GOOD luck in your 10K!!!!