Tuesday, July 11, 2006

by (un)popular demand

I continue to be humbled by my steady stream of visitors. Why, each week I get at least one e-mail asking when i'll post again. So here I go.

Sissie is now a Chicago-ite. She's left behind the small suburbs of San Diego for the glitz and glamour of Chitown. I'm right behind her. After all, my buddy called me excitedly Friday night to tell me he'd gotten two new team members for "Chicago Tri 2007." Cool, i exclaimed, then returned to my beer. Who calls to tell about new training partners at like 10 p.m. on a summer Friday night?

I threw my first bachelor party Saturday night and if I may, what a smashing success. We went to a strip club where the girls were v. cute. Then we went back to my pal's house where the guys nearly had me convincned to give a private show. Nearly. Fun was had by all.

Sunday is steelhead. After such a promising start, my training really struggled in the past two weeks. That's my life lately. A few promising days, then I slip back into bad habits.

My friend's wedding is the evening before and it will be all the fun people from the bachelor party. They were already talking about going out after the wedding, which ends at 10 or 11. But not me. No, not me. i'm going straight home to sleep.

Cause Kim will be waiting for me bright and early Sunday. Coach Kim has promised to cheer me on. Then, she has promised me a Bloody Mary.

It's the little things, really, that keep a girl going...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, ALMOST convinced?
Damnit, I knew we should have tried harder!

Anonymous said...

I think you were both a little more drunk than you realize. There was no "almost."

Unknown said...

More sanctioned events? You're to young to be this ambitious senora! Settle down. I ony down a marathon like...every other year.

Steelhead? What is that beyond a sea run rainbow trout?

Man, I wish I was attending said party where your nakedness may or may not have been exposed! ;)

Anonymous said...

A (as in ONE) Bloody Mary??? I promised you like 4!!! You are going to do fabbo, girl! I'll be there for you al the way, and next sprint tri (the one with the bitch-ass hills-see blog archive for details) I'll wave as I pass you during the run! And no more using beer as training fuel!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Bloody mary? That could be motivating.

Good luck at Steelhead!

Scott in Washington said...

Better fabbo than flabbo. See you at the shore.