Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Single and Fabulous! or....Single and Fabulous?

I have just received the most exciting news my apartment is going to be the site of a photo shoot Friday morning. I feel like Charlotte in “Sex and the City” when “Home & Garden” magazine comes into film her expensive New York apartment. She’s got beautiful white roses on the table, her wedding china is spread out, and she looks stunning, as usual, in a lovely feminine dress. This spread’s kind of going to be like that.

Only it's Allentown, not New York. Also I rarely dress up for work Friday as I'm beat from the week and maybe out of clothes. And the main feature will be my kitchen sink. And it’s going to be filled with dirty dishes, pots & pans, glasses and mugs. The theme? Your first apartment. Apparently the article will focus on living away from parents for the first time.

I most certainly hope the article does not attempt to cliche all first time awayers as slobs! Why, if you were to look in my sink right now there would be a cognac glass and four wine glasses and that’s it. Wait, maybe a frying pan too, from the quesadilla I had on Saturday. Still.

Strangely, despite using my place for this seemingly non flattering portrayal of singe life I’m quite excited. A photo shoot in my house!

Better go get the roses.

5 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

LOL!!! You are a braver woman than I. Have fun with the photo shoot.

Anonymous said...

So should we assume all first-time awayers are alcoholics?

Jimmy said...

Love the blog! Can mine be added to your links? Can I add yours?

mypathtotheironman.blogspot.com

Cris said...

Let's all compare notes on what's in our sinks right now. Mine is leftover suds and probably a wet sponge, I always forget to wring it out.

Next!

Deene said...

Sweet! what color roses?