Thursday, July 27, 2006

The busy life of a photographer's subject

I spent much of the last two days cleaning and getting my apartment all spiffy for the photo shoot Friday about your first apartment and the accompanying slops. It’s gorgeous now and really would be more appropriate for a shoot on being single, young, trendy and living in the city.
On a very tight budget.
In tight quarters.

I’m surprising the photog by thinking of fun and clever props to include in the spread. Like putting my nearly empty bottle of Jose Cuervo next to the sink that will be full of dirty dishes. And the ashtry I got in Mexico that says “Zacatecas” as a shout-out to my Grandma’s home state. I bet he will be impressed and admire my creative thought process.

The cool thing about the shoot is I get to miss the entire morning of work, editor approved.

So I took off my shirt during yesterday’s run for the first ever and was just in my sports bra. What a freeing feeling! So that’s how men, free to go shirtless at their any whim, must feel. Feeling the warm sunshine on my bare skin was such a treat. I highly recommend it. I may never wear a shirt again.

7 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Sounds good to me, so where's the pic? haha.

Unknown said...

Now you know. Now, imagine hiking completely nude. It's a treat. You just have to find someplace to do it.

Lea said...

I love running in just my sports bra! I've put on a few lbs., so I need to get those off before the shirt comes off too.

Good luck with the photo shoot. Will we be able to see the pics?

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah, when do we get to see the pics! Running without a shirt on sounnds fun. I'm not that brave, yet.

Jimmy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm training for Ironman Canada. I'm also a runner in transition and love the beer!!!

Cris said...

So did the photog appreciate the touches?

And yes, it can be great running without a shirt. That maybe be me tomorrow morning. And you'll be glad to know, that in the United States of XLBrooklyn, under the new definition of indecent exposure, you are entirely WELCOME to go shirtless!

Unknown said...

still laughing at brit's comment. hah.

and still laughing at the thought of the google hits that you'll get now.

like "shirtless grandma" or "jose tight bra"