Thursday, June 08, 2006

So Goodbye the yellow brick road...(and 20s!)

Sometimes, it’s nice to have writer friends. They’re able to communicate with words in such a way many others can’t. This is not to say they can communicate in person or anything, but still.

I’m five hours away from 30. but really, more like 11, I was born at like 530 a.m. PCT. Or was it 730. Gotta call mom.

Anyway, my friend, bookie as I’ve referred to him here for his love of horses (or rather, betting on horses), sent me an email for my bday. No time for gift, no time for card, he writes. But here’s 30 things I like about you. Here’s a few Ill share. My thoughts are in parantheses

8. You liked Qualcomm/the Murph better than you like Petco Park. (I’m from San Diego, born a true blue Padres Jack Murphy stadium girl! Petco what!)
11. Although you are justifiably proud of your heritage, you have never subjected me to any forced viewings of, or conversations about, Lucha Libre.
12. You like beer. Mmmm, beer.
15. You ran a marathon. (ahem)
17. You're close to your family.
19. You cash more horse bets than I do.
21. You're sexy. Decorum prevents expanding on this one. (Ahem!!)
23. You've got a great laugh.
24. You're difficult to define ---- there's so many aspects of who you are.
25. You've been a good mom to Reese. (my darling little boy, aka cabbage patch kid)
30. You're getting better, adding admirable qualities all the time. Which means I won't ever have problems completing this list no matter how long our friendship lasts.

Thanks Bookie. I have no doubt this’ll be the best gift I get.
I’m 30. what what!
Ps don’t say it you well meaning’ers. That’s fine if you think I don’t look a day over 25 but seriously, 30’s not old.

3 comments:

Deene said...

aaw, what a sweet list! that would be my most favorite gift as well.
my grandma lived to be 104, i always think about her when she was hitting 25, 30, or 50, the way she lived her life i don't think those numbers mattered at all. she never learned to drive so i remember her leaving on foot with a pack on her back if she need to get anywhere (she didn't walk slow either). she must have had a lot of faith.

nyflygirl said...

happy anniversary of your 29th ;-)

Scott in Washington said...

Hey partyrunner, Happy Birthday! I don't feel sorry for you because you make 30 look good.

Hang in there with the Valentines days alone and the perfume and stuff.

See you next month... How crazy is that?

SD