Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the (un) half marathon report

So this half marathon report comes a bit late but really, it's cause there is no half marathon race report to give.

It was a last-minute decision to bag the race (I got the word "bag" from my PA brothers and sisters). We were trained (mostly. BMI boy probably better than I), had a room, were ready to go. But like the bad soap opera that my life is, well, it just didnt happen. Neither did the five borough bike ride. Ah, my life...

I had planned to meet up with shoreturtle and his wife at the expo. Maybe when Brit comes to visit.

BMI boy sneakily found this blog. Ok, so it's not hard to do but I had told him i wasnt giving him the address since I write about him. So i've got to censor myself for now.

I've only got one race on the horizon, my first olympic tri on July 16. I'm getting excited. I'm getting back into the pool this weekend and hope to do a bike ride with Kim.

Life has been rather calm the last week (if you exclude cinco de mayo. And i'm excluding it on account of the fact it's the last one i'll ever celebrate. Apparently I have a need a prove how hardcore Mexican I am so the holiday's now off limits). My apartment is clean, uncluttered. My laundry is done, my fridge is full. Hmm..been watching the playoffs. Go Phoenix!

I've been getting so much sleep the last few days my body abruptly wakes up at 430 a.m or 630 a.m.

So let me get this straight -- work a 9-5, exercise, clean, watch a little TV, sleep -- that's what normal people do?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, why'd ya bag it? I didn't know bag wasn't a universal term. How unusual.

Unknown said...

Let's see...RE:

The handicap thing? I dunno, we all have it.

Also, your likely right, drama, as fun as it is to watch from my secure position, does make me think "thank god I'm not out there anymore".

And yes, you rock because you too are "a runner" that well...just can't be bothered to even look at a Hal Higdon training schedule. Or. At least I can't be bothered. Anyhow.

Junie B said...

you wrote: So let me get this straight -- work a 9-5, exercise, clean, watch a little TV, sleep -- that's what normal people do?

my answer? yes. unfortunately. or fortunately whichever way you want to look at it.

and since my diet and lifestyle have changed i am up by 5am every day. no matter what. GAH!