Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blogolandia

I just read Jeff’s Boston race report.
Jeff was one of the first bloggers I ever read. He found me I think cause I was doing Vegas. He was there as support staff, the best EVER. He had like the best time and I loved reading the race report.

I forgot how much I loved reading people’s race reports (most of em anyway. Some are kinda boring) and just feeling like a part of a community. Blogging’s neat that way. If you haven’t checked it out, head over to Jeff’s site (link is on the right).

Four more days until the Jersey half. There was a time I’d never have McDonalds French fries four days before the race. And I really meant to just order the grilled Asian salad but the fries were FRESHLY POURED OUT. But did I get the small dollar size? No, had to get the medium.

I feel sluggish heading into race. I’m severely undertrained. I don’t have much doubt I’ll finish, but I mean, a year ago, I was like hardcore for my first half. When I think of doing the race this weekend, I think of BMI (body mass index boy I’m seeing). It’s his first big race. We agreed to run together even though at first I was like ‘but, I don’t DO races with other people. What if I want to go faster?’ I’ve since gotten over that. First of all, I ain’t running fast. Second, it’ll be fun and he said it would mean a lot to him if we ran together.

He’s so excited. He has this infectious energy where he views new things as if through the eyes of a child. It’s charming. I’m getting sissie a shirt at the race. What the heck, her bday was only a month ago. This shirt’ll complete her gift.

Speaking of, she keeps emailing that she wishes she was back in Mexico.
“I want a taco and a Modello,” she writes today.
“Um sis,” I point out,. “You don’t even like beer.”
“A vodka con pina, then” she responds.

That sissie. And if anyone remembers, no, she’s not doing San Diego. Maybe 2007.

7 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

It sounds like this half marathon will be entirely different than your other races. Have fun with BMI guy!

A taco with a Modelo sounds gooooood!

Deene said...

aaw! how sweet, bmi boy will appreciate you running "with" him. you'll have fun.

ShoreTurtle said...

Have fun this weekend! My wife and I are going to the expo on Saturday and for a walk on the boardwalk. She was there earlier this week for a library conference and she said there are already signs up for this weekend's festivites. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Jeff rocks, but so do you and your sister! It's heartening to know that there are others out there that aren't all gung ho on training. You know you can do it, but you know that if you don't train you probably won't smash any PR's. You run to run. And that's rad. Or awesome. Or some other outdated word.

I wish I was still in Mexico too...and I've never been there.

Unknown said...

welcome back, pr!

have a great time with the race. just relax and enjoy the time with bmi. really bummed you guys won't be at san diego. anne and i are having fun planning. =) next year, for sure!

Cris said...

So.... how'd it go?

Scott in Washington said...

umm, yeah, what they said. I've had your blog pulled up in a minimized window for a couple of days now, thinking what I'd say that hasn't been said already. Run to be strong. Enjoy it. Have a taco. I prefer Coronas, but who is counting?

Hope your May Day went as planned.