Monday, April 03, 2006

marathon 'training'

Preparations continue for the Long Branch Jersey shore half marathon April 30.

On Sunday, they included a planned 10-mile run that turned instead into drinking beers in the warm afternoon sunshine while sitting on the curb. My friend I'm doing the race with, BMI (body mass index boy), well, his ankles were hurting. I had had a bad Saturday night with the guy I insist on keeping in my life and spent Sunday morning crying. I decided I'd write off the day. It was the right move. The sunshine felt so incredibly beautiful on my face as we sillily sprawled out on the sidewalk in front of his house that I actually had a nightmare that evening about a snowstorm.

We made lasagna together for the Sopranos viewing party he hosts every Sunday. I love a man who's good in the kitchen. And since Id had a few beers he got nervous when i was chopping the sausage so he did it. That's nice of him. I'm glad I still have my fingers.

But no more skipped runs! I'm doing a run with a group tomorrow after work, then I've got a long run planned for Wednesday before work. Runs on Saturday and Thursday are also on the agenda.

I think we're making a weekend out of it, race weekend near the shore. Hope it's warm.

Nothing much else to report except that it is with sadness that my dear practically favorite running blogger has decided to call that blog quits, for now. Scott said after Vegas he had a feeling his running blog days were over. I feel i am losing a blogging friend. At least I know what's going on in his life. His baby is already a month old (my how time flies!), and he's the cutest thing ever; a total made-for-tv baby. Brit, keep the photos coming.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back. Old flames can be so hard to quit, but trust me, it's worth quitting them!!

Unknown said...

okay, so i was harsh toward the bmi guy to start...but lasagna? oh dear. i'm sold.

Anonymous said...

they call it a breakup because it's 'broken'

Scott in Washington said...

Jeez! Its not like I'm going into the witness protection program or something. I'm just blogging in a new/old location for a while. I'm still your friend. If you ever need me to chop sober for you, I'm there*


*"there" as in not really there cooking your food but I would if I were... huh, that doesn't make sense, does it?

Liam said...

I could be very presumptious and say as one door closes etc.... I'm a new blogger on the scene and looking to make friends, read interesting pieces about running, and generally get to know my way around the RBF.

Your running times are great, and will be improved upon. Watch the skipping, I do too much of it myself, and it only hurts later.

Look forward to reading more from your mussings.

Scott in Washington said...

Once there was a girl named partyrunner posted to her blog regularly and all her friends knew of her doings. Then maybe she went to Boston. To this day nobody knows where she went or why...