Thursday, April 20, 2006

hola, mis amigos que corren

6,500 feet, that´s the altitude where I´m at right now, in the state of Zacatecas, Mexico. I´m here for 10 days enjoying semana santa (holy week) with grandma, sis and mom. I have a whole new respect for the Colorado contingency. How in the hell do you guys run in this? The first day, unaware of the change (allentown is 400 feet), sis and I set off for an easy 30-minute run. We could barely breathe and our lungs burned. I was totally lightheaded.

The unpaved roads and hard cement are a killer on my legs, who whine from my calves, to my ankles to my knees. They long for the soft parkway. I assure them it wont be long.

Great training though, the half marathon in Jersey is 10 days away. The week after that, i´m doing the 45-mile bike ride through the five boroughs of New York. BMI boy and I are doing both together. He registered us this week.

BMI boy and I are dating, after weeks of back and forth. I don´t want a relationship; he´s not used to sharing girls he´s dating; I want to date other people, he says OK, for now; I call it off because I can´t offer an emotional commitment right now; he agrees then decides he can handle the situation. And so on and so forth.

I thought this trip would be a good time to sort through my feelings with BMI boy as well as the other boy, who I try over and over to get out of my mind. BMI has rather thrown me for a loop. I´m practically in love with guy I want out of my mind, but yet am developing feelings for BMI, who is sweet and possesses all the qualities I ever have pictured in a mate. It´s so strange. But I get nowhere. All my thoughts do are drift like tumbleweed, without direction, without destination and with no end. So as in PA, Ive no answers, come to no decisions. So as in PA, it´s back to one day at a time. That´s probably best

2 comments:

Deene said...

hola! and enjoy mexico!

Unknown said...

All I have to say about your drama (though I love hearing of it) is: thank god I'm married.