Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The columnist (is in)

For those of you who may be long loyal readers of this blog, I occasionally write a running column. I’m here to answer all your running questions/concerns. Or if you just want a word of encouragement, I can do that too.
Here’s the latest:

Dear RC (running coach)
i remember reading on your blog once that you wear the brooks five running shoe. Is it in fact the brooks five adrenaline GTS? cause if so, it's the same shoe i wear and love, but cannot find in El Paso. And the brooks web site only offers the six, which you wrote gave you blisters.

please advise.

Jake

Dear Jake the Runner,
Brooks did make a fantastic running shoe at the onset of the 2005 season. What a fantastic shoe, the Brooks Adrenaline 5 GTS. Then, deciding being one of the top sellers in the entire history of the world wasn't enough, they opted to switch to the Brooks 6. The shoe then became stiff, with a thicker, more cushioned middle, thereby creating much discomfort to runners not needing a thicker, more cushioned middle.

There exist limited places you can purchase the 5s online. I hope you have a crazily small foot or large foot though, since many normal sizes are almost entirely gone. (I guess i'd have to say, I'd rather you have a crazily big foot though, Jake the Runner, now that I think about it).

Thanks for your question. You've got this columnist thinking about my next pair of shoes. If I can't find another pair of the 5s, I've got to start mentally preparing for the emotional, physical and psychological breakdown.

As always, thanks for the question, Jake. Happy running.
Signed,RC (running coach)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! I remember you telling me about this. COngrats!

Unknown said...

I have the 6's, and they work fine, but then I'm 6'6" and 215...anyhow, I've also really enjoyed the Trance model. Brooks rock.

nyflygirl said...

is it just wrong to say that I love the Adrenaline 6's? :)

Unknown said...

have you checked at roadrunnersports.com? they've got a handful of models that are discontinued that they still get through the manufacturers. i'm on my 16th pair of the sauccony huricane 5's and they've been discontinued for several years. yet, they continue to stock them.

Unknown said...

here ya go:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/cgi-bin/rrs/rrs/ProductPg.jsp?baseProdKey=RRBRK655&catOID=-9174&BV_SessionID=@@@@2095148007.1142782369@@@@&BV_EngineID=dcaddgejkjdjjbelgcgecfefdgf.0&fromClearance=true

Anonymous said...

Go to Movin' Shoes!!
Do NOT go to Road Runner Sports!!! The keep charging me for their "club" even though I have asked them to stop. Also, went in to their store and was treated like another sale. Had the shoes dropped off to me and DID NOT see the salesman for 25 minutes!! Needless to say, I will NOT be going back to Road Runner Sports. Went to Movin'Shoes in PB got the same shoes and had MUCH BETTER service!