Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Allentown to Jersey, onward!

I got the greatest suggestions for how I should get into the Allentown half-marathon, which sold out a good TWO MONTHS before the race. Who registers a WHOLE TWO MONTHS BEFORE A RACE?

Anyway, I'm down for the lying, stealing, cheating, begging, running errands, baring my entire bare top (i am not modest). You know what, screw that, I'm even down for putting on a Southern accent. And you know how hot Mexicans with Southern accents are...(thanks Curly Sue!). I thought about bandit but is it wrong to want a medal? Oh, and have my name be called as I run into the stadium like they do?

The sad reality is I may be missing my practically favorite race. But, as is so often the case, when a door closes another opens. I think me and BMI (the boy who asked my body mass index the first night we met in a bar, a story I've shared multiple times but I just love it. Yes, Keith, beer involved) are doing this instead. NJ Marathon It's right on the water and we're going to make it a weekend I think. It'll be his first (half that is. he he) so he's all jazzed. And he has offered to get the room so I can't lose! I hope it's sunny. BMI is the sweetest boy like ever. He's coming on a little strong but see, he always tells me how beautiful and amazing I am and oh my is that my head swelling?

It's been a good week for training. Snowboarding Tuesday and a little run today. Im going to the mountains this weekend so I hope to get in at least a short run. But first tomorrow night I'm hosting a birthday get together. Then we're going to a drag club a block away. Ah yes, some days, I say, It's good to be single...

One last thing, i found this darling little blog. It's called Tan Lucy Pez, and it's run by this senior citizen from Pennsylvania. Here in this state, that's a little like saying that woman's a Mexican in Mexico. The state's chock full of them. Seniors, that is, not Mexicans. I've lived in many places, and I feel I can say with some authority people in this state are the quirkiest, craziest people I've ever met (listening, Kimberly?). Tan Pez is one of them. And she runs the most adorable site. I can't remember the last time I read it and didn't laugh. She does cool things like go see the groundhog see his shadow (of COURSE PA would host that!). Check it out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, I like the top-baring plan. What was wrong with that?

Sixteen Chickens said...

Thanks for pointing me to Tan Pez's blog, that was a riot! She has great humor and insight.

So things are going well with BMI boy, huh? Who knew that would be the greatest pickup line of all time. I would have thought it could get a couple teeth loosened.

E-Speed said...

Glad you found a fun race to do, and there's nothing wrong with a little head swelling! Enjoy it!

Rich said...

Oh just let your head swell ... you deserve to feel good! And thanks for the link to Tan Pez - she's great!

ShoreTurtle said...

I may go as a spectator. I'll look for the runner with a swollen head.

Good luck training!