Friday, August 04, 2006

Happy Birthday PartyRunner!

A year ago today I decided to run the Las Vegas Marathon. And a year ago today, I launched the partyrunner blogspot.

This was my first post:

Thursday, August 04, 2005

the little green dress
a slinky turqouise dress.it's the one i'll wear after i, si dios es servido, complete the dec. 4 las vegas marathon. too little for standard cocktail parties or black tie but perfect for the town with the brilliant marketing campaign. it's a bit tight, a byproduct of too much cheese, too many beers, too little running as i recovered from injury from may marathon, my first. join me on my journey to vegas with an ambitious goal of qualifying for boston, and properly rocking the dress.the shots begin: 10 a.m. Dec. 4.


No, I didn't qualify for Boston. But I broke 4...barely. And no, there were no shots as I can't drink after a race since I'm usually nauseous. And the green dress hangs in my closet, unused because that stubborn belly fat refuses to lie down and give it up already.

But it's been a wild year. I'm going to take a walk down memory lane, highlighting posts and moments especially meaningful to me.

Like a tribute. Only I'm doing it for myself which is rather embarassing. It's like when Bette Midler says in "Beaches." -- "Ok enough about me, what do you think about me?"

Look for the best of PartyRunner. Coming soon.

2 comments:

Beanie said...

Happy Blogiversary. Looking forward to reading about your next goals.

Anonymous said...

And a fabulous blog it is! So, when are we all going back to Vegas (sans a 3-hour manicure!)