Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Countdown

FR (aka sis) 1/2 Marathon: 13.5 hours and counting

She's begun to get nervous which in turn is making me, her infallible RC (running coach), also a bit nervous -- as well as highly annoyed with the race's web site and paperwork. How many races have you guys ever done where SPECTATOR INFORMATION was NOT PROVIDED even in a web site's FAQ. Me? NEVER in my ENTIRE three-race history.

But I am keeping my cool. I am keeping my composure.

Now i will go get ready for dinner at an Italian restaurant with group. Since I am not racing tomorrow I will order a stiff martini to drown away my annoyance. But just one. I mean, RC has to be ready to offer support and all that, and also join FR for a few miles at the end.

Race pics to come. SD has generously and patiently offered to sort of walk me thru making my blog cooler. That and more to come...

No comments: